In the winter of 1993 Frank Hintz drove to Harpers Ferry, WV with the first ever American Backcountry tee shirt designs in the back of his car. Frank walked into the headquarters of the Appalachian Trail Conference's headquarters and cold called ATC's man of many hats Brian King. All of our hopes and dreams for a successful new business were hanging in the balance. Brian told us he would try some of the new designs and also suggested we consider going to Damascus, VA the following spring to test our product by setting up a booth at the annual Appalachian Trail Day's festival. We did.
Our shirts are soft and pliable. And our Field-Testing Team tells us that the American Backcountry Moisture Wicking Tees don’t chafe or irritate your skin after heavy use like other performance garments sometimes do.
We offer a variety of shirt types. A list of garment options and colors can be viewed below via links to our manufacturing operation Vapor Apparel at the links below:
*some darker colors may not be available for dye sublimation printing
- Men’s SS Basic Polyester – SIZE CHART
- Men’s LS Basic Polyester – SIZE CHART
- Men’s LS Solar Microfiber – SIZE CHART
- Men’s SS Solar Microfiber – SIZE CHART
- Women’s LS Solar Microfiber – SIZE CHART
- Women’s SS Solar Microfiber – SIZE CHART
- Unisex USA Triblend – SIZE CHART
- Youth Basic SS
- Youth Solar Microfiber SS